The Bridge drives Knowledge Exchange, Impact and Placemaking initiatives for the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Business. Our team brings together academia (researchers, students, technical and professional services staff) with communities, organisations, businesses and the self-employed in order to exchange ideas and expertise.
We aim to fuse the regionâ€™s creative talent and digital resources, with a focus on maximising the value and outcomes from all interactions for all parties. The Bridge unlocks the power of the University and makes it work for people.
South West Creative Technology Network Research England, Â£6.3 million
Engaging Students in Knowledge Exchange Office for Students, Â£0.5 million
Facilities and expertise
A place where new ideas, skills and knowledge is generated; a place that accommodates and showcases our intellectual and creative talent in action, in a setting that facilitates our engagement with wider intellectual, educational and cultural communities and industry.The University's partnership with The Box, Plymouthâ€™s Â£48 million redevelopment of its Museum and Art Gallery, includes a new MA Archival Practice, alignment of Arts Institute public programme and occupation of the Foulston Room Space.
The Bridge has collaborated with
BA (Hons) Illustration students to provide them with unique work experience at internal, external and international events.
The students use their creative talents to document these events through live illustration, allowing them to develop their practice, skills and confidence whilst providing event organisers with impressive marketing material.Ìý
Techstars Startup Weekend
Led by the University of Plymouth and part of the Techstars Startup Weekend movement, Plymouth Startup Weekend is the place to meet like-minded, entrepreneurial individuals and be immersed in a weekend of creativity and collaboration.
â€œIt's so exciting that this is only the beginning for Plymouth; more of these affordable and innovative events will be coming to Plymouth in the future, which means more opportunities for students, creatives and those with entrepreneurial minds."
- Find out more about Techstars Startup Weekend in Plymouth
- Read about the first Techstars Startup Weekend in Plymouth
Creative Economy news
- Shining a light on Cornish women in the arts for International Womenâ€™s Day 1 March 2022
- Creative minds and businesses collaborate to champion Culture and Tourism in Plymouth 23 March 2021
- University awarded Â£500,000 to advance its Knowledge Exchange projects for students, businesses and communities 20 April 2020
- University deploys 3D printing capability to help protect frontline staff during Covid-19 crisis 10 April 2020
- University of Plymouth opens new Digital Fabrication and Immersive Media Laboratories 9 December 2019
- University of Plymouth prepares to shine at Illuminate 26 November 2019