Jointly spearheaded by the British Council, Universities UK, and the Jiangsu Provincial Department of Education, the consortium draws its impetus from the Chinese governmentâ€™s â€˜World-Class Universities and First-Class Disciplinesâ€™ initiative, which seeks to develop several of its institutions into world-class universities by 2020. Jiangsu province, ranked second in terms of GDP out of Chinaâ€™s 23 provinces, has been earmarked as being key to these ambitions and is already home to several of the UKâ€™s flagship â€˜one-to-oneâ€™ higher education collaborations, such as Xiâ€™an Jiaotong-Liverpool University in Suzhou.
The University of Liverpool is the UK Chair of the UK-Jiangsu World-Class Universities Consortium and facilitates coordination and communication between members, organises activities and plans projects with the Jiangsu Chair.
University of Plymouth Consortium Coordinator
Dr Gianni Corino (email@example.com)
Please get in touch for any more information about the consortium activities and how to engage in it.
- To build a platform that will deepen and broaden the level of strategic engagement and collaboration between universities in the UK and Jiangsu.
- To raise the profile of higher education in Jiangsu in the UK and of the UK higher education sector in Jiangsu.
- To harness multilateral cooperation as a mechanism to raise the quality and competitiveness of the participating institutions; sharing opportunities and addressing shared challenges together.
- Plymouth joins alliance of top UK-Chinese universities 28 February 2019
- University strengthens research links with China through innovative PhD network 16 January 2019