Please contact us as early as possible so we can help you plan your research and include the costs of our support in your grant application. PenCTU does not provide funding for research.
If you need help with an existing study, please ensure you have sufficient funds to meet the costs of our support.
Peninsula Clinical Trials Unit
Faculty of Health
University of Plymouth
ITTC 1 Building
Plymouth Science Park
In the news
- Physical activity and tailored support fails to deliver lasting benefits for smokers not ready to quit 6 March 2023
- Research explores if artificial intelligence can support safer prescribing for people with intellectual disabilities and epilepsy 19 January 2023
- Â£2.5 million to study group treatment programme for people with severe obesity 25 September 2020
- Study to explore whether new therapy can help address problem drinking 4 August 2020
- Standing frame intervention improves life for people with MS, research shows 11 July 2019
We have experience in project-managing a portfolio of trials, with a focus on timely delivery and data quality. Following are some recent examples of our work, for further examples see our publications page.
Video and audio
A selection of video and audio giving an introduction to Clinical Trials Units in general alongside some of our own work.
Study findings for trial participants
In this section you will find summarised results and findings of studies on our portfolio
How are treatment outcomes for people with severe obesity ImPROved by GROUP-based behavioural intervention?
RCT of the LoDED (Limit of Detection of Troponin & ECG Discharge) strategy versus usual care in adult chest pain patients attending the A&E department.
Establishing a biobank and database as a national resource for characterising indolent and aggressive forms of mantle cell lymphoma.
Teen Online Problem Solving for adolescents who have survived a brain injury in the UK (TOPS-UK): a feasibility study.
A randomised controlled trial exploring the effects of adding web-based coaching to an exercise referral scheme as a way to increase physical activity.
Postural modification to the standard Valsalva Manoeuvre for the emergency treatment of SVT (REVERT): a randomised controlled trial (RCT).
An open randomised trial of patient controlled analgesia (PCA) versus routine care in the emergency department.